Wednesday, June 18, 2008

4-course on a week day

Been long since I did some cooking. Last couple of weeks have been quite lazy in the kitchen front. Last week our meals in general consisted of grilled chicken, fried fishes, eat outs and barbecue. But today I was am ready for some elaborate meal time. SH must also be ready for something more than just dim er dalna and dal.

So the menu today is -
-Muro diye Bandhakopi
- Maach bhaaja
- Aloo potol dalna

Muro diye Bandakopi


We had the ilish maach fried and sorshe jhol. Generally I throw the head but this time I did not want to. SH's dida told me that I could make bandha kopi with it. I wasnt too sure about it. But then decided to try it. Called my mother and took the recipe. She has warned me that Ilish has a lot of "kaanta" even in the head. But then I know that ilish kaanta can just be chewed away. So, Ultimately I made it.

Ingredients
Fish head- 1
Bandhakopi (cabbage)- half
red chilli - cumin Powder - pepper crushed - dhania powder - Green chilli
cilantro - garam masala - salt to taste

Procedure-

Wash and clean the head of the fish and rub it with turmeric.
Heat Oil in a wok. Add the fish head and let it fry. deep fry it until it turns golden. In the mean time clean and cut the cabbage. In the same oil. add crushed ginger, and the cabbage to fry. Add turmeric, salt, dhania powder, cumin powder, pepper, chilli powder. Also add the fish head. keep stirring and frying. let the water of the of the cabbage evaporate. keep stirring and frying till the cabbage turns transparent and golden. add the required salt with taste. fresh coconut, Green chillies, fresh cilantro and garam masala.

Aloo Potol Dalna



I used frozen potol for this recipe.
Ingredients
Potol (pointed gourd) - 1/2 pack
Aloo - 2
Bay Leaf
dry red chilli - Ginger - Green Chilli - Turmeric - Coriander - Red Chilli - Cumin Seeds
Salt, sugar ( To Taste )
Procedure-
Wash and cut ptatoes and potol thin, and in length.
Heat oil in a wok. Add the potatoes and potol slices. Once they start browning add the bay leaves, and all the dry masalas. and now mix it till all the water evaporates. now add 2 cups of water and let this sim. When the oil starts floating and the curry color come. This means the curry is done.
Always enjoy your meal.